Based near Coventry, Warwickshire
noise.co.uk Ltd is an established acoustics consultancy with a close-knit team of consultants and technicians operating nationally. We offer professional advice and monitoring services, to the construction industry, for a range of issues concerning acoustics, noise and vibration.
The team is looking for a site technician or engineer to support the wider acoustics team with all aspects of field work including sound insulation testing and equipment management. This will mean working with a range of sound level meters, vibration instrumentation and more; therefore, experience with these would be beneficial. Specific experience with working on a construction site as a sound insulation test engineer etc. would be a strong plus.
You will be provided with a company car for use during all fieldwork so a full clean UK drivers license is a pre-requisite.
The role will allow access to a wide range of sites and developments throughout the UK. The candidate should be flexible with some night time and weekend work being required; pay will reflect this.
Training will be provided (both equipment specific and external courses as necessary).
▪ Currently located around or willing to move to the area (Coventry/Rugby)
▪ Full clean UK Drivers License
▪ GCSE in Maths and English with a minimum grade 4 or grade C in both.
▪ Has the ability to remain calm under pressure.
▪ Is willing to try and problem solve when necessary
▪ Has a high level of professionalism
▪ Is able to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in all interactions
DESIRABLE BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT:
▪ Previous experience with sound level meters, noise monitoring or sound insulation testing
▪ Some knowledge of basic MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity in all areas when dealing with staff, whether in recruitment and selection, promotion or training and professional development.
If you are a highly numerate and personable individual, with great communication skills, and would like to work with a growing acoustics consultancy, we would like to hear from you!
To find out more contact Bill Whitfield on 02476 545397. Alternatively, interested applicants should send a CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a supporting statement, of no more than 400 words, stating clearly the reasons for wanting to work in the acoustic sector.